HomeVault strictly abides by the Federal, State and Local Fair Housing Laws and principles of equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, familial status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or spousal affiliation.
At HomeVault, LLC, our salespeople and employees are committed to the following:
- Providing equal professional service to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or other protected status of any prospective client, consumer or resident of any community
- Keeping informed about fair housing laws and practices, thereby expanding upon our customers’ and clients’ opportunities
- Demonstrating through advertising and the media that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded
- Informing our clients and customers about our rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws
- Documenting our efforts to provide equal professional service whenever possible
- Respecting the diversity and differences within our customer base, and remaining informed on those differences in order to provide Truly Remarkable Service
- Taking a positive approach to fair housing practices and aspiring to follow the letter and spirit of the law
- Committing to continue in the development and implementation of fair housing practices in accordance with our leadership role in the real estate profession
- Refusing to tolerate non-compliance
The HomeVault, LLC Fair Housing Pledge is adapted from the Personal Commitment developed by the National Association of REALTORS®, published in Fair Housing: Shared Neighbourhoods, Equal Opportunities, 2004 edition.
Each proposed occupant 18 years of age or older must complete a separate rental application and pay our application processing fee of $65/applicant (Note: for NM residents – Gross Receipts Tax is included in the fee). This fee is non-refundable. If there is more than one applicant, your scores will be blended to arrive at a decision. If a co-signer is needed, the co-signer will be required to complete a separate rental application, and will be required to execute the rental agreement along with the resident(s) of the property. Any co-signer approved will be fully obligated to all conditions and terms of the rental property lease.
HomeVault may obtain a consumer credit report for each applicant. This report must be generated by HomeVault, and not the applicant. A credit score above 625 is required. Although we do evaluate creditworthiness, we do not use your credit scores as the sole determining factor in our decision to approve or decline your application. In addition to a credit report, we also run an eviction search, bad check search, national criminal database scan, residential history verification, employment verification and driver’s license verification. We also may contact current and previous landlords, employers, and/or references provided by you. The screening result will be a score based on an objective algorithm, (this will be a blended result if multiple persons are applying together).
Prior convictions may affect the application score but will not be cause for denial unless the overall score does not meet the requirements for approval. Applicants may be denied for any sexual related offenses for any time period, or for offenses involving domestic violence if applying for a condo or apartment.
Please provide us with copies of the last 30 days work of paycheck stubs or a letter on company letterhead from your employer to verify income. If you are unemployed or self-employed, please provide a copy of last year’s income tax return and your last 3 month’s bank statements. Other income such as retirement, SSI, child support, etc. must have reliable documentation if you wish us to consider it.
Photo identification is required. Please provide us a copy of your driver’s license or other government issued photo ID.
Each adult applicant must present evidence of a valid Social Security or Tax ID Number for the purpose of obtaining a credit report and matching to a photo ID.
The maximum number of occupants allowed in the rental property is 2 per bedroom.
All of our properties are non-smoking properties. No smoking is permitted inside or near any of our rental homes where smoke can vent into the home.
Most of our properties will consider pets on a case-by-case basis unless otherwise stated. Before final approval can be obtained, we require that your pet be screened through a third-party pet screening service. If you have a pet, please use the button below to start screening your pet. The cost for your pet will be determined based on the pet application. Please reference the cost of such in the Terms of Agreement.
Service and assistive animals are always welcome subject to prior verification. If you have a service/assistive animal, please access the following link to provide the required verification: https://HomeVault.petscreening.com.
A lease contingency fee may be applicable if your application score falls below 93 or regardless of your application score if we are unable to verify rental history.
- If applicable, Keyless Smart Home. Benefit: Your rental home has been upgraded to a Keyless Smart Home connected via monthly cell tower subscription (no need to connect to wifi!). You will have an app with complete control to issue temporary codes to houseguests and say goodbye to your house keys!
- Utility & Maintenance Reduction Program. Air filters delivered directly to your home! quality air filters will be delivered timely and straight to your home. No more trying to remember to pick one up from the store. We will send you the appropriate size and if your home requires more than one filter, don’t worry, we’ve got that one covered, too, at no additional cost. The biggest benefit, when filters are changed regularly, utility savings can be as big as 15%! That’s huge! All you have to do is install the filters when you receive them.
- High-quality filters
- Conveniently delivered directly to you
- Filters are delivered on schedule as a timely physical reminder to change them
- Energy savings up to 15%
- Please note, some homes have more than one filter while some have no filters at all.
- Because of this, HomeVault provides filters as needed with no change in prices for the Resident Benefits Package. Let us know if you have a medical need for special allergen filters
- Utilities Concierge Setup. We know that moving can be a stressful and difficult time, and sometimes getting your utilities set up to be prepared for your move-in date can be missed or forgotten about. That is why we have a utility concierge service reach out to you and assist in having all of your utilities connected prior to your moving into your new home.
- Periodic Property Visits. Throughout the year we will schedule periodic visits for us to come to check on the property and make sure you are doing okay and see if there is anything in particular that you need that you may not have already asked.
- Easy Online Maintenance Request. You have 24/7 access to your Tenant Portal to submit maintenance requests, submit relevant photos, as well as check the status of the request.
- 24/7 Maintenance Hotline with Live Phone Support. You can reach a live person after hours for emergency maintenance concerns by simply calling our main phone line.
- Free Credit Reporting for All Rental Payments to Credit Bureau. Paying your rent on-time helps you build your credit! You receive the benefit of positive credit reporting for all on-time rental payments to at least one credit bureau. We help you build your credit!
- Free Online Payment via E-Check. Through your online Tenant Portal, all e-check payments are free of charge. The third-party processing company charges HomeVault Property Management fees to offer online payments, but through this agreement, there will be no additional cost to the resident. The tenant portal even allows for automatic payments that you have total control over, making remembering and paying rent that much easier!
* Our online portal also allows for credit and debit card payments. Some of the payment options are free (paying with echeck) while others incur a convenience fee (for the credit card payments).
- Document Storage. Ever needed to give your lease to the utility company to prove your residency? We’re sure you probably have! We make it easy to find your lease and other documents like Tenant Liability Insurance Policy by storing them in your secure, online Tenant Portal.
- One-time Late Fee Forgiveness. In the unfortunate event of a late rent payment, we will credit your late fee once within a rolling 12 month period if you are in a term lease, to help alleviate the mishap. Please note the following requirements to qualify for this benefit: -the request must be made before the 10th of the month-full rent needs to be paid before the 10th for the request to take effect-this benefit does not apply while on a Payment Plan.
- Tenant Liability Insurance Administration. When you purchase Tenant Liability Insurance through our recommended provider, we will help administer the program and help through the claims process if needed ($3.00 administration value).
A $125/$225 (differs per location) lease preparation fee will be due prior to administering the lease (Gross Receipts Tax may also apply depending on location). We will reach out to you once your application is approved and ask you to pay the lease preparation fee within 24 hours. Once that fee is paid we will send you the lease for e-signature and will send you an accounting of the funds required to secure the property, including security deposit and any relevant fees. Once the lease is signed and those initial funds are paid we will take the property off the market. Please note that at any given time in the process up until us receiving the required funds the property could be taken off the market and rented to another party, even if your application has been approved.
You will be required to pay a holding deposit upon approval of your application to remove the home from the market. The holding deposit will serve as a reservation fee until you move in, and will convert to your security deposit when you take possession. Failure to take possession of the property on the agreed move in date will result in forfeiture of the reservation fee. The deposit will only hold the property for 20 days, or until the time the previous tenants move out and the unit is rent ready, whichever is sooner.
HomeVault does accept Section 8 / HUD voucher as long as the house is approved as is. No additional accommodations will be made to the property for it to be approved.
All rents are prorated to become due on the 1st of each month.
If any information provided on your application proves to be false or misleading, your application will be denied, and all application fees and deposits will be forfeited as liquidated damages. If you have already entered into a rental agreement on the property when we discover that you’ve provided false information, you will be subject to immediate eviction from the premises, and forfeiture of your security deposit.
We discourage Friday move-ins being that there may be items that will arise over the weekend in which we won’t be available to assist. We facilitate move-ins no sooner than 3 business days from the date we receive the deposit if the property is vacant and rent ready. If you need it to be sooner, we may be able to accommodate your request with as much advance notice as possible and with paying an off-cycle move-in fee. No lease start dates can be later than 30 days from the date your application is approved.
Typically twelve months, with the exception that none of our leases end in the months of September, October, November, December, January or February.
It usually takes up to 3 business days to process rental applications, however, it can take longer if we have a hard time reaching your references. Please note that we cannot process incomplete applications. If you fail to provide all required information and/or documentation (processing fees, photo identification, proof of income, photo with pet, completed third-party pet screening application), the screening process cannot begin. If you have any questions about completing your application, please contact our office.
- government issued photo ID
- proof of income (as stated above)
- photo of yourself with your pet (if applicable)
- 3 years residential history (past and current landlord name(s) & number(s))
- application fee
Your applicants will be required to answer these questions when submitting their application. Make sure your questions can be answered with a “Yes” or “No”.
- Have you ever been a defendant in an unlawful detainer (eviction) lawsuit or defaulted (failed to perform) any obligation of a rental agreement or lease?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- Have you ever filed suit against a landlord?
- Have you had any disagreements with past landlords?
- Do you have a water bed, an aquarium or any other water filled furniture?
- Are you a smoker?
- Have you had two or more late payments in the past year?
- Have you given proper notice to your current landlord?
- Have you been in your current field of employment for more than 36 months? If not, how long have you been in your current field of employment?
- Were you referred by a friend? If so, please let us know who. If not, please let us know how you heard about us.
- Were you referred by a real estate agent?
- What is your intended duration of stay at the premises, if approved?
- Do you currently own a rental property? If so, please provide the address.
- Are you interested in buying a house at some point?
- Would you like to find out how much of a mortgage you pre-qualify for?
- I understand and agree that if I own a pet\animal then I will use our firm’s third-party pet screening service by visiting the following website: https://homevault.petscreening.com
- Do you have any other information that we should know that would help us in our decision making process?
- Have you viewed the property in which you are applying for?
With the advent of online rental advertising, an increasingly large number of applicants become victims of online scammers. It is only natural to feel uncomfortable when paying or sending sensitive data to us. Here are a number of points that will clarify we are a legit company. We kindly encourage you to check each of these before sending in your rental application!
WHO WE ARE: We are a certified, licensed company of rental property managers in North Carolina (License No. C30559), South Carolina (License No. 81720), Florida (License No. CQ1052171), New Mexico (Qualifying Broker: Kristin Johnson License No. 20541), Arizona (Designated Broker: Kristin Johnson License No. BR673098000), and Colorado (License No. EC.100087490). Our business is listed with the Better Business Bureau, one of the most important non-profit organizations in our field. We maintain a 24/7 call-center where one of our team members can respond to all of your inquiries, so feel free to reach out at the number on our website. Alternatively, you can always send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to respond to you in a maximum of two business days.
Our homes are securely listed by a third party vendor on more than 30 partner sites, from Zillow.com to Trulia.com and beyond. We do not advertise our properties on Craigslist, a platform which is sometimes used by scammers. We never ask you to provide sensitive and personal information, or to wire money before you undergo the application procedure. We make sure that your personal data and payments are secure, by using reputable platforms and online systems.
The fee that is paid for the application is broken down in case by $5 – online application, up to $25 – credit report, $35 – administrative / staff expenses.
Standards of Conduct
Have you sometimes wondered why we act in a certain manner in our communications with prospective tenants? The answer is below. We strive to adhere to strict standards of professional conduct and we expect our future residents to do the same.
We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational level, color, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
We realize moving and dealing with issues around the home can be stressful, and we go out of our way to accommodate reasonable needs and requests. Your decisions might affect whether a landlord keeps a property or sells it, and you should take those consequences into account when making decisions.
We believe that professional behaviour and kindness to others is the key to success. As Property Managers we are here to help landlords, residents, and vendors and provide quality housing. When circumstances combine and make it challenging to meet the expectations of a client, we will communicate that frankly and professionally – and appreciate your doing the same.
If you find it challenging to meet the terms of your agreement with us, we would like to be informed exactly why. We might be able to help you, and pledge to do our best when given the opportunity to help you. When we are unable to help and must enforce the contract, try to understand why. Differences of opinion and disagreements are mostly unavoidable, but it is important to resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
We can find strength in diversity. Different people have different perspectives on issues, and that can be valuable for solving problems or generating new ideas. Being unable to understand why someone holds a viewpoint does not automatically translate into them being wrong. We all make mistakes, and blaming each other does not get us anywhere.
Terms of Agreement
The following Application Agreement will be signed by all applicants prior to signing a lease contract. While some of the information below may not yet be applicable to your situation, there are some provisions that may become applicable prior to signing a lease contract. In order to continue with this online application, you’ll need to review the Application Agreement carefully and acknowledge that you accept its terms.
- Lease Contract Information. The Lease Contract contemplated by the parties is attached or, if no Lease Contract is attached, the Lease Contract will be the current Lease Contract noted above. Special information and conditions must be explicitly noted on an attached Lease Contract or in the Contemplated Lease Contract Information above.
- Application Fee (nonrefundable). A Non-refundable application fee (per applicant) will be collected with this application, in order to process the consumer reports on each applicant. In the event a chargeback is initiated against the non-refundable application fee the applicant is responsible for all chargeback and/or collection fees incurred to any reversed credit card payments. APPLICATION COST: The fee that is paid for the application is broken down in case by $5 – online application, up to $25 – credit report, $35 – administrative / staff expenses.
- Pet Onboarding Administrative Fee (nonrefundable) & Monthly Pet Administrative Fee. You agree to deliver a pet onboarding administrative fee (if applicable) for the first pet, in the amount of $300 to $500 depending on the pet screening score as provided by a third-party tool, once your application is approved. For each additional pet, an onboarding administrative fee of 50% off the above referenced onboarding fee will apply. In addition to this one time fee, you further understand and agree that rent will be increased by either $20, $25, $30, or $40 per month, per pet, depending on the pet screening score as provided by a third-party tool.
- Holding Deposit (may or may not be refundable). In addition to any application fee, you are delivering to us a holding deposit in the amount indicated on this application. The holding deposit is not a security deposit. However, it will be credited toward the required security deposit when the Lease Contract has been signed by all parties. An option for a Security Deposit Waiver will be offered. Please ask our Applications Specialist for more information.
- Approval When Lease Contract Is Signed in Advance. If you and all co-applicants have already signed the Lease Contract when we approve the Application, our representative will notify you (or one of you if there are co-applicants) of our approval, sign the Lease Contract, and then credit the application deposit of all applicants toward the required security deposit.
- Approval When Lease Contract Isn’t Yet Signed. If you and all co-applicants have not signed the Lease Contract when we approve the Application, our representative will notify you (or one of you if there are co-applicants) of the approval, and require you to sign the Lease Contract.
- If You Fail to Sign Lease Contract After Approval. Unless we authorize otherwise in writing, you and all co-applicants must sign the Lease Contract within 3 days after we give you our approval in person, by telephone or by email, or within 5 days after we mail you our approval. If you or any co-applicant fails to sign as required, we may keep the holding deposit as liquidated damages, and terminate all further obligations under this Agreement.
- If You Withdraw Before Approval. You and any co-applicant may not withdraw your application or the application deposit. If you or any co-applicant withdraws an Application or notifies us that you’ve changed your mind about renting the dwelling unit, we’ll be entitled to retain all application deposits as liquidated damages, and the parties will then have no further obligation to each other.
- Completed Application. An Application will not be considered “completed” and will not be processed until all of the following have been provided to us: a separate Application has been fully filled out and signed by you and each co-applicant; an application fee has been paid to us; an application deposit has been paid to us. If no item is checked, all are necessary for the Application to be considered completed. A completed application does not constitute “holding” of the property in any manner.
- Lease Contingency Fee: A lease contingency fee of $150-$700 and $25 per month may be applicable depending on your final application score. It has been shown through both statistical and historical analysis that an applicant’s overall application score directly affects the management of the tenant and enforcement of the lease. Applicants with a lower overall application score present increased administrative costs associated to enforce the lease. To compensate these administrative costs of lease enforcement and allow applicants with a less than a perfect application score to still gain approval for their chosen property we have implemented a scoring model that allows applicants to pay a lease administrative fee to offset the increased administrative costs in approving them with lower than a good application score.
- Non Approval. We will notify you whether you’ve been approved within 10 days after the date we receive a completed Application. Your Application will be considered “disapproved” if we fail to notify you of your approval within 10 days after we have received a completed Application. Notification may be in person or by mail or by email or telephone unless you have requested that notification be by mail. You must not assume approval until you receive actual notice of approval. The 10-day time period may be changed only by a separate written agreement.
- Extension of Deadlines. If the deadline for signing, approving, or re- funding under paragraphs 6, 11, or 12 falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a state or federal holiday, the deadline will be extended to the end of the next day.
- Notice to or from Co-applicants. Any notice we give you or your co-applicant is considered notice to all co-applicants; and any notice from you or your co-applicant is considered notice from all co-applicants.
- Lease Preparation Fee. A lease preparation fee of up to $225 will be due within 24 hours of approval. This fee partly covers the administrative work required to prepare the lease paperwork and related documents and to prepare for move in.
- Resident Benefits Package. $47.95 (includes a keyless entry system) or $32.95/mo (without the keyless system). Residents will receive delivered HVAC/furnace filters (if the home requires them), free online payments via e-check, maintenance scheduling software, resident portal, document storage, free credit reporting, utility concierge service, and one-time late fee forgiveness. This program is not optional.
- Tenant Liability Insurance. Tenant Liability Insurance is required to be carried throughout the tenancy. HomeVault has partnered with a company that can provide this service or you may choose to use your own insurance provider. The cost with our partner is $9.50 plus a monthly administrative fee of $3.00. The monthly administrative fee will be charged even if a different insurance provider is used.
- Keys or Access Devices. We’ll furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the contemplated Lease Contract and other rental documents referred to in the Lease Contract; and (2) all applicable rents and security deposits have been paid in full.
- Request for Rapid Move-In. Due to the nature of this business, we do everything we can to accommodate fast move-ins, in some cases it cannot be accomplished for things out of our control. If it is requested to move-in on a different date than the one we initially offer, a $150.00 Off-cycle Move-In fee will apply, and the deposit will need to be paid in certified funds. Please note, we cannot guarantee a rapid move-in in all cases and no move-ins can happen over the weekend even with paying the off-cycle fee.
- Signature. Our reception of this application is consent only to this Application Agreement. It does not bind us to accept an applicant or to sign the proposed Lease Contract.
- Gross Receipts Tax. All tenant fees will be subject to New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax. This does not apply to homes in any other areas except for New Mexico.
- Communication Method(s). Applicant agrees to communication via email, text, messenger platform and/or phone for future communication.
- In the event a foreign language translator is needed, the translator is required to cascade applicable information to the applicant(s)/tenant(s) and/or the Company. In the event a foreign translator is being used, the applicant(s)/tenant(s) agrees to provide the translator’s contact information to Company and the same communication methods as set forth in paragraph 21 will be accepted for the translator as well.